Pennsylvania was approved to issue Summer 2023 P-EBT benefits to eligible K-12 students. These benefits are to help families cover the cost of school meals that their eligible children miss out on during the summer months.
All eligible kids receive benefits in a single payment of $120 to cover the entire summer.* This payment was issued between July 31-August 11, 2023.
*This payment is lower than it was in previous years due to a change in federal legislation.
Eligible K-12 Kids:
To be eligible for this benefit, a child must:
- Have been enrolled in an in-person K-12 school as of May 2023 AND
- Have been enrolled in Free or Reduced-Price School Meals by June 30, 2023.
To be enrolled in Free or Reduced-Price school meals, a child must be enrolled at a school that participates in the National School Lunch Program. A child is enrolled in Free or Reduced-Price school meals if they:
- Attended a school that provides free meals to all students through the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP); OR
- Were approved for Free or Reduced-Price school meals through an application; OR
- Were automatically approved for Free or Reduced-Price school meals by receiving SNAP benefits or income-based medical assistance.
The state will try to issue a child’s P-EBT benefit to an active SNAP EBT card or the P-EBT card where the child received a 2021-2022 P-EBT payment. If the state cannot match a child to an active SNAP EBT card or a P-EBT card from last year, they will mail a new P-EBT card for each child in your household.
If you lost your P-EBT card from last year, you will need to request a replacement card (see below).
What should I do if there is a problem with my P-EBT payment?
If you think there was a problem with your child’s P-EBT payment, you will need to contact the state. You can do this by:
1. Calling the P-EBT Hotline at 1-877-343-0179
2. Submitting an inquiry through the new P-EBT inquiry portal. *Note: you will need to create an account to submit an inquiry. Once you create an account and submit your inquiry, you will be able to check the status of your question as the state works to solve it and request a replacement P-EBT card.
For more information, visit justharvest.org/pebt-faq.
**Pennsylvania is not issuing P-EBT to cover COVID-related absences for the 2022-2023 school year for this age group. Eligible K-12 students will only receive the Summer 2023 P-EBT payment of $120. P-EBT for the 2022-2023 school year for children ages 0-5 was distributed in late May.