Position: SNAP (Food Stamps) Hotline Volunteer
A SNAP Hotline Volunteer will virtually answer phone calls. They will refer clients to immediate food assistance (food pantries and soup kitchens) near them and complete client intake forms to start the process of a SNAP application or renewal for our SNAP Hotline Counselors.
Scope of Work:
- Cover SNAP hotline for 2x - 2 hr shifts per week (Monday - Friday).
- Utilize our online database to collect client information so our counselors can assist with SNAP applications.
- Utilize our Panty map on the Hungercoalition.org website to direct those in need to the closest pantry.
- Catalog all referrals in our online database.
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Excellent people skills
- Ability to cover shifts 9-5 Monday thru Friday
- A minimum of a 3 month commitment
- Access to a computer and internet connection.
All required training will be provided by the Greater Philadelphia Coalition Against Hunger.