Good news! Pennsylvania has been approved to issue P-EBT benefits to kids ages 0-5 who were receiving SNAP in the 2022-2023 school year.
To be eligible for this benefit, your child must:
- Have been between the ages of 0-5 AND
- Have received SNAP at some point between September 1, 2022 and May 11, 2023.*
*Note: Your child will only receive a P-EBT benefit for months in which they were receiving SNAP and were ages 0-5. If your child did not meet both rules for every month of the school year (September-May), they will get a partial P-EBT benefit only covering the months they were eligible.
The P-EBT payment will be deposited on your SNAP EBT card even if you no longer get SNAP. If you no longer have your SNAP EBT card, you can request a new one by calling 1-877-395-8930 (Statewide) or 1-215-560-7226 (Philadelphia).
The P-EBT for kids ages 0-5 will be sent in two stages:
Payment 1: This payment covers September - December 31, 2022 and is scheduled to be distributed in the next couple of weeks. See how much P-EBT your child will get depending on how many months they received SNAP below:
Payment 2: This payment covers January 1 - May 11, 2023* and will likely go out sometime in July. The payment amount for the second payment has not yet been determined. We will update you when we have more information on the payment amount and expected payment date.
* P-EBT is tied to the Federal Public Health Emergency (PHE), which ended on May 11, 2023. Because of this, the P-EBT payment for May will be a smaller payment covering only May 1-11.
Later in May, you can check your SNAP balance to see if your P-EBT Payment has been deposited on the MyCOMPASS PA phone app or by visiting www.connectebt.com.
WIC Public Comment
The Pennsylvania Department of Health is looking for feedback and suggestions about the Pennsylvania WIC Program (Special Supplemental Program for Women, Infants, and Children). This is a great opportunity for former and current WIC participants, stakeholders, and advocates to provide valuable feedback about how PA WIC works for participants, including challenges and successes. To offer feedback about PA WIC, join one of the following sessions in person, virtually, or over the phone.
2023 WIC Public Comment Sessions will be held in person, virtually and over the phone from 10:00am – 3:00pm EST as follows:
- Monday, May 22, 2023 from 10:00am - 3:00pm Adagio Health, 323 Sunset Drive Suite 1 Butler, PA 16001
- Tuesday, May 23, 2023 from 10:00am - 3:00pm Chester County Government Services Center, 601 Westtown Rd, West Chester, PA 19380
- Thursday, May 25, 2023 from 10:00am - 3:00pm Hamilton Health Center, 110 S 17th Street, Harrisburg, PA 17104
Join these sessions virtually or by phone at:
- Phone: 1-267-332-8737, Conference ID: 793 153 672#
- Microsoft Teams: https://msteams.link/YWV7
If you are not able to attend one of these sessions, you can offer written feedback by:
- text message or phone call at 412-418-4366
- email at email@example.com
- mail at Department of Health, Bureau of Women, Infants and Children (WIC), 625 Forster St., 7 West, Health and Welfare Building, Harrisburg, PA 17120.
PA Food Policy Council
In December 2022, Governor Wolf signed an Executive Order establishing the Pennsylvania Food Policy Council. The purpose of the Food Policy Council is to evaluate issues facing Pennsylvania’s Food System, coordinate anti-hunger efforts between departments, and facilitate efforts between the public and private sector to improve food security in the state. The PA Food Policy Council will hold its first meeting on Thursday, May 25th, from 10am to 12pm. This meeting will be hybrid convened virtually over Microsoft Teams, as well as in-person in Harrisburg (see details below). While the PA Food Policy Council is made up of an already selected advisory committee, the meeting will be open to the public. To be involved in the PA Food Policy Council:
- Join in person* at Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture, 2301 North Cameron St, Harrisburg, PA 17110, Conference Room 309 or,
- Join virtually at this Microsoft Teams link or,
- Call in at +1 267-332-8737,622520765#
- Meeting ID: 263 129 647 985
- Passcode: Yi5jxF
*All in-person guests must RSVP to attend by sending your name to Dawn at firstname.lastname@example.org to have your name placed on the Guest List. Please arrive in time to be escorted to the meeting room for a prompt start at 10am.