Good news! Pennsylvania was approved to issue P-EBT benefits to kids ages 0-5 who were receiving SNAP in the 2022-2023 school year.
To be eligible for this benefit, your child must:
- Have been between the ages of 0-5 AND
- Have received SNAP at some point between September 1, 2022 and May 11, 2023.*
*Note: Your child will only receive a P-EBT benefit for months in which they were receiving SNAP and were ages 0-5. If your child did not meet both rules for every month of the school year (September-May), they will get a partial P-EBT benefit only covering the months they were eligible.
The P-EBT payment were deposited on your SNAP EBT card even if you no longer get SNAP. If you no longer have your SNAP EBT card, you can request a new one by calling 1-877-395-8930 (Statewide) or 1-215-560-7226 (Philadelphia).
The P-EBT for kids ages 0-5 were sent in two stages:
- Payment 1: This payment covered September - December 31, 2022. See how much P-EBT your child should have received depending on how many months they received SNAP below:
- Payment 2: This payment covered January 1 - May 11, 2023. The payment for May only covers part of the month because P-EBT is tied to the Federal Public Health Emergency (PHE), which ended on May 11, 2023. Because of this, the payment for May is a smaller amount than the other months. The second P-EBT payment was distributed to families at the end of July. See how much P-EBT your child was expected to get depending on which months they received SNAP below:
To figure out how much P-EBT your child should have received, add up all the months that your child received SNAP. If a child ages 0-5 was receiving SNAP every month from January – May 2023, they would receive a payment of $141.87.
You can check your SNAP balance to see if your P-EBT Payment has been deposited on the MyCOMPASS PA phone app or by visiting www.connectebt.com.
What should I do if there is a problem with my P-EBT payment?
If you think there was a problem with your child’s P-EBT payment, you will need to contact the state. You can do this by:
1. Calling the P-EBT Hotline at 1-877-343-0179
2. Submitting an inquiry through the new P-EBT inquiry portal. *Note: you will need to create an account to submit an inquiry. Once you create an account and submit your inquiry, you will be able to check the status of your question as the state works to solve it.